Monday, October 6, 2008

consulting a west texas sunset

I've had these brief moments, time is standing still and I expand my vision to soak up what's really around me. The Texas sky stared at me while I stared right back. My eyes locked into a deep orange ocean, matched with strokes of peaches and velvety purples. To my right there were fields of wild sunflowers and barbwire fences, and I think someday I will have a nostalgia for this particular scenery. Even now, although I don't have Texas pride, I can appreciate the scene described. After all, this is home, 21 years of home. It is a display of my wonderful family, my education, my childhood memories, important people, things that made me who I am today. I guess it was an element of nostalgia already, some kind of admiration and tribute to my home.

Today I thought about a babysitter I had at one point in my life. She was left-handed. Lauren and I always wanted to train ourselves to be left-handed. Alicia always practiced with us, teaching us different left handed techniques: how to hold a pen, how to hold kitchen utensils. Then I realized, as a florist I am a "lefty" and a "righty". My left hand is just as strong as my right when I design. I felt like I should call Alicia and tell her the exciting news. ;) At least my sister anyway.

Last random thought of the day, I processed too many carnations today. I wish carnations did not exist.

I am ready to close my eyes. Today was good and the night was better. I am looking forward to breakfast and a cup of coffee, as I always do. I like small joys like bowls of cereal and a really good song before the work day.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: