Saturday, March 15, 2008

Staring into Space

It's funny.
I feel all the time that life is too predictable in this small town and my small life. I go to school, which tends to be predictable. I work on definite days, so that's predictable. I have dance on definite days. I know who my friends are every day that I wake up. With all of this said, life still plays back and throws in little surprises, good or bad.
Recently, my grandpa is in and out of the hospital. He collapsed, has some internal bleeding of the brain, and is continuously ill, lately. If I think about it too much my eyes fill up with large tear drops waiting to fall, and that lump develops in my throat when I try really hard to keep them from diving out.
Mr. Unpredictable has presented himself in other situations, but I find that in those moments that make me feel all shook up, it's okay. It's okay to feel shaken. For some reason, I'm always okay with having to open my eyes a little more even if it's hard in the process and those tears do roll down. Somehow, after they fall, I feel different. That's why being shaken is okay.
Never let fear take over peace.

No comments: