Saturday, April 19, 2008

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

I'll miss your hugs. The ones that squeeze me so tight that I cannot grab a breath of air. I'll miss your humongous smile that literally lights up the room. I'll miss sensing the passionate, servant-like vibe overflowing from your heart. You were a servant. I have talked to you since you left your earthly body. I wonder if you can hear me. I don't know how to handle this too well, Grampa. It brings an unfamiliar emotion, which leaves me feeling like a stranger in my own body. I like to think about you in heaven. It really makes me smile. It brings a few tears to my eyes at the same time. Even now. I'm nervous. I am scared -- for Dad, Gramma, and the rest of the family. We will be ok. It's ironic that death brings the importance of life to those that survived. My fear of death has to diminish, otherwise I will forget to live. It's comforting to know what a wonderful man you were. You loved us all so much, and so many others in this world. What an amazing person you were. I want to achieve the same. Allow me to do that. Send me encouragement, ok? I love you forever.

No comments: