Tuesday, June 24, 2008

juneday

Today I prayed Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" first thing when I heard my alarm go off. I worked a full day, and concentrated on the two arrangements I needed to make. Those flowers had my full attention. I thought about the reaction they would create and I liked the thought. A man came in today looking a little down, as he informed me he and his wife had lost their dog of 16 years yesterday. He wanted a dozen roses to cheer her up. Sweet moments in the flower business - I love it. I like the opportunity of lending out a comforting word before the flowers speak. I have kept my dedication to 4 miles a day. My legs are sore from those long walks every day. I love it, it's relaxing. I really, really miss dance so far this summer. I keep dreaming of dancing. It felt a little like someone had put my life on pause today, a feeling that made it seem like I was living but not necessarily going forward. It was just a slow, summer day though and I realized how much I like moving forward. I don't mind a summer day. I sat with Bentley for a little bit tonight and thought about the missing piece of that puzzle. My two favorite boys. Now I find myself in my bed, in an air conditioned house and I am thankful. Thankful is a good note to end on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thankful IS a good note to end on. a note that i don't think about enough. hang in there, girl. i love you! be home soon.